Saturday, May 14, 2011

Land of Enchantment and Dead Rats

It was another busy week in Boulder, my last for the time being. I won't get to run the Mesa trail or any of the other great trails in the parks for a while now. I started the week with a blazing hot run up Bear Peak, I didn't get the rest I wanted because of a brood of gnat like bugs swarming the visitors to this peak. It would snow three days later. On Wednesday it was cool rainy and at times snowy, so it was a perfect day to break in my new running shoes, a pair of MT101 made by New Balance. These are lightweight trail runners with no cushioning, so no road running.

On Tuesday after my overnight shift I hear some loud voices coming from outside my door, as it turns out my roommate stepped on a rat while gardening.

I don't feel like overusing the ctrl c and ctrl v commands so here is a link to a TR from my New Mexico trip.

14ers.com TR

New Mexico is amazing, we had Wheeler Peak to ourselves, a state highpoint to ourselves. Over two days we climbed 10 peaks 36 miles and 11500 vertical feet. We also had perfect weather, unlike the weather in Boulder today on Saturday it's 41 and raining while I write this.

Now for my weekly video links.

Classic from Massive Attack


If you have a hard time keeping track of all your relatives, here's a video to clarify our closest relatives. Most of them are extinct.


That's all for this week. Next week I'll be writing from the great state of Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment